As a specialist in orthodontics, I take pride in the art and science of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
My philosophy is to provide individualized care to grant the best possible quality, by correcting malocclusions (bites) and creating beautiful smiles that last for a life time.
Since I have over 20 years of clinical and academic experience, I have the ability to customize orthodontic treatment and cater to each person’s needs and life-styles with various modes of treatments. I love working with children of every age and enjoy working with adults as well.
In addition to my full time private practice, I serve as Associate Professor of Orthodontics at Tufts University on a part-time basis.
I am a co-founding member of the Tufts Medical Center Cleft Lip & Palate- Craniofacial team. For the last 10 years, my passion and mission has been to contribute my orthodontic services to this multidisciplinary team to address complex cases. I often work in conjunction with Pediatric ENT specialists, Plastic Surgeons, Oral Surgeons, Pediatric Dentists, Geneticists, Speech pathologists, Audiologists and Nutrition specialists to provide total rehabilitation of the face, teeth and jaws.
- Certificate in Orthodontics – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Orthodontics (Decision Analysis) – Tufts University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Massachusetts Association of Orthodontists (Board member)
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Cleft Palate - Craniofacial Association
- Orthodontist, Private Practice (since 1996)
- Associate Professor of Orthodontics, Tufts University (since 2005)
- Director of Graduate Orthodontics, Tufts University
- Course Director, Orthognathic Surgery, Tufts University
- Craniofacial & Cleft Palate Team, Tufts Medical Center
- Former President of Tufts Orthodontic Association
- Premier Preferred Invisalign® Provider
- Certified Incognito™ Provider
She is married to Dr. Ethan Zavras’ our pediatric dentist and they share two teenage sons that keep them very busy. They have an eight-year-old Dachshund, Daphne. Her personal interests include travel, tennis, and skiing.
NEWS - Dr Cartsos Telemedicine Virtual Consults
Dr. Cartsos now offers virtual consultations via Telemedicine using the online platform Doxy.me, a safe, reliable and HIPAA compliant technology that allows video calls, file and photo transfers and secure patient consults from the convenience of your home.