As a specialist in orthodontics, I take pride in the art and science of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
My philosophy is to provide the highest quality of orthodontics and dentofacial jaw orthopedics to improve oral health both in terms of esthetics and function. I take pleasure in creating warm, nurturing relationships, working with children and adults of all ages, with goals to correct malocclusions (irregular bites) and to align teeth with the jaws, creating well-balanced smiles and harmonious faces. My wish is to embolden my patients with health and confidence to conquer their future aspirations and to enjoy life to the fullest.
Since I have over 20 years of clinical and academic experience, I have the ability to customize orthodontic treatment and cater to each person’s needs and life-styles with various modes of treatments. I love working with children of every age and enjoy working with adults as well.
In addition to my full-time private practice, I serve as Associate Professor of Orthodontics at Tufts University on a part-time basis.
I am a co-founding member of the Tufts Medical Center Craniofacial-Cleft Lip & Palate Team (Hospital Affiliate). For the last 10 years, my passion and mission has been to contribute my orthodontic services to this multidisciplinary team to address complex cases. I often work in conjunction with Pediatric ENT specialists, Plastic Surgeons, Oral Surgeons, Pediatric Dentists, Geneticists, Speech pathologists, Audiologists and Nutrition specialists to provide total rehabilitation of the face, teeth and jaws.
- Certificate in Orthodontics – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Master’s Degree in Orthodontics (Decision Analysis) – Tufts University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Massachusetts Association of Orthodontists (Board member)
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Cleft Palate - Craniofacial Association
- Orthodontist, Private Practice (since 1996)
- Associate Professor of Orthodontics, Tufts University (since 2005)
- Director of Graduate Orthodontics, Tufts University
- Course Director, Orthognathic Surgery, Tufts University
- Craniofacial & Cleft Palate Team, Tufts Medical Center
- Former President of Tufts Orthodontic Association
- Premier Preferred Invisalign® Provider
- Certified Incognito™ Provider
She is married to Dr. Ethan Zavras’ our pediatric dentist and they share two young adult sons. They have an thirteen-year-old miniature Dachshund, Daphne. Dr. Cartsos personal interests include travel, tennis, and skiing.
NEWS - Orthodontic Telemedicine Virtual Consults with Dr. Cartsos
Dr. Cartsos now offers virtual consultations via Telemedicine using the online platform Doxy.me, a safe, reliable and HIPAA compliant technology that allows video calls, file and photo transfers and secure patient consults from the convenience of your home.